Kingfisher pilot allegedly flies woman in cockpit, DGCA orders probe

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Aug 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...es-woman-in-cockpit-dgca-orders-probe_1731780

Kingfisher Airlines, which is already facing a safety audit by the country's civil aviation regulator Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), on Thursday camed under fresh scrutiny following reports that one of its pilots flew a woman in the cockpit in violation of rules.
    The DGCA has asked the airline to submit a report and said stern action would be taken if the pilot is found guilty.

Sources said the captain of a Delhi-Mumbai Kingfisher flight had on Sunday allegedly allowed a woman to fly in the cockpit flouting DGCA rules.
    This has come at a time when DGCA is conducting a safety audits of cash-strapped Kingfisher and another airline which are facing financial distress as per the civil aviation regulator's audit in December last.

Read More: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...es-woman-in-cockpit-dgca-orders-probe_1731780

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's hard to believe now, but Kingfisher was one of the celebrated darlings only 1 to 2 years ago. I would wish that the Indian aviation sector would grow positively in the coming years. Indigo Jet is the one to watch right now.

LETTERBOY, sobore and TRAVELSIG like this.
  3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do hope the situation improves.

Personally I still think for domestic flights Jet is the best choice (aka the lesser of evils).

LETTERBOY, sobore and uggboy like this.