Kingfisher King Miles which credit cards?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | India' started by Satish Talim, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Being based in India, one has very few opportunities to earn miles. However, Kingfisher has tied up with various Indian banks like ICICI, Axis etc. Anyone using these cards to accumulate King Miles? Which card(s) do you find the best and why?

2. I'm not using one as yet, but in my view the best card is the American Express Kingfisher First Credit Card. The earning rates are good, but in addition whilst you hold the card you are automatically granted King Club Gold status which is useful by itself and an huge boost towards Platinum status.

Satish Talim likes this.
  3. I just learnt from American Express that the card is not available in our city, Pune, India. What a let-down!

4. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

SuperFlyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:

5. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible for you to use a colleague's/family's/other address - maybe your company's branch address??

6. Sadly no.

7. Was planning to apply for the Citibank PremierMiles Card but when I read the fine print, I realised that it's not worth it.

8. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Incredible - what is their stipulation, exactly?

You might wish to continue to persevere to push for it - I have had luck with Citibank, so never give up!

9. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And why not - I was considering it as well - what are your misgivings?

10. a. Go to their site http://www.premiermiles.co.in/Overview.aspx and read this:

b. Also, compare the air ticket prices on http://www.premiermiles.co.in/default.aspx with say MakeMyTrip or ClearTrip - the prices on PremierMiles is always higher by about 10%

c. The miles given by PremierMiles can only be used (redeemed) to buy air tickets thro' this site only.

11. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Interesting - thanks for that info.

However, I would also compare the actual site of the airline's pricing to what PremierMiles quotes.

I am more concerned with miles earning and subsequently miles transfer to my choice of airlines.

12. I did compare the airline site pricing with what PremierMiles gives and the latter is costlier. The miles you earn using PremierMiles can be redeemed on most popular airlines (i.e. if you travel by say Kingfisher from Mumbai to Singapore, you will not earn King Miles but earn Premier Miles instead).

13. BTW, I applied online for the ICICI Bank Kingfisher Airlines MasterCard World Credit Card on 15th Feb but have not heard from ICICI till date.

14. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Actually, I do not think this is the case.

All spends earn PremierMiles, which can be redeemed by transfering them to other mileage programs. This is what I am primarily looking at.

However, you can also use them directly to book tickets with them, but not sure if these tickets would earn miles - normally you would not earn miles on award tickets.

15. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    They had a freeze on cc applications until recently - I have given up on them - they are worse and slower than the Indian government itself!

16. The Citibank representative told me this -
    a. All spends thro' PremierMiles site earn PremierMiles, which can be redeemed on the airline of your choice. PremierMiles cannot be transferred to other mileage programs.
    b. Tickets booked thro' PremierMiles do not earn miles on the particular airline.

17. I do have an ICICI a/c and the bank did say they had a freeze on cc applications and would consider cc applications on a case-to-case basis but you need to have an active a/c with them for 6 mths at least.

18. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Note the following on their website: (https://www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/newgen/cards/tab/citi-premiermiles-card.htm?site=PORTAL&creative=NGX&section=HTTPREDR&agencyCode=XER&campaignCode=INTleads Premier&productCode=PRML&eOfferCode=HTTPREDR)

• [​IMG]

• Redeem Miles
      • Simply call us to transfer your Miles to your own Frequent Flyer Program, across airlines such as Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines and 50 other Airlines Click here to view the complete list of Airlines.

19. Please double check with them about this. Let us know your experience after you get the card.

20. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Anything related to ICICI is *not* worth it - they once transfered a CC payment to Punjab National Bank instead of their *own* bank! (ICICI-AmEx)

It was their programming error, but will never admit it, and didn't even acknowledge the problem - never refunded late fees/interest, etc.

They suck, period.

21. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Most of their reps have no idea about the actual T&C's...

22. Looks like we have no credit cards tuned for travel. Will wait for SuperFlyBoy's feedback on Citibank PremierMiles Card (after usage).

23. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    :p - right!

Actually, I don't know whether I will apply or not - Citibank has a very weird methodology of card applications/limits provided!

24. I would suggest you to apply for Citibusiness Gold Jetairways credit card. This is worth it. I am using it for last 2 years and no problems. Also there is no anual fee.

25. Saurabh, won't the Citibusiness Gold Jet Airways Credit Card restrict you to only Jet Airways?