Kimpton RiverPlace Portland IC Free Night

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by tondoleo, Aug 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

As many of you are aware the Kimpton hotel chain currently offers a free night at seven of their "new" hotels for Inner Circle members. I decided to take advantage of this offer at the RiverPlace Hotel located on the West Bank of the mighty Willamette River in Portland, Oregon.

Despite the fact I was on an award booking the front desk staff exhibited the same enthusiasm and friendliness experienced by me at all of my other Kimpton stays this year. It almost warms my curmudgeon influenced heart. I was upgraded from the Deluxe King Room that is standard with this type of booking to a Riverfront Fireplace Suite.

I could not have asked for more on an 85F day. In fact is was very roomy and comfortable. My IC requested treats were on a nice tray awaiting me when I entered the room.

I took advantage of the Riverwalk and strolled around the 2.66 mile loop connecting the East and West bank of the river by some aging bridges. During this journey I stumbled across a gaggle of geese on the hotel's riverside lawn.

As well as an inordinate amount of unsmiling women running and unsmiling men riding bicycles. The walk was good movement that limbered up my body affected by my Amtrak ride from Seattle earlier that morning.

One of the features of the IC Free night is a $ 50 restaurant credit. I took advantage of that by eating dinner in the Three Degrees Restaurant. I met the Executive Chef for all Kimpton Hotels who was working there that evening. Undoubtedly, he was honoured to meet tondoleo of MilePoint as he presented me with an appetizer.:) The food and wine were very good. The service top notch. I even left a nice gratuity.

The RiverPlace does not have an urban vibe as it is not in the central part of the city surrounded by office buildings, commercial structures and apartments. It was relaxing to sit there staring at the River.

FWIW, I recommend this venue for those who either have the benefit of the IC free night or anyone interested in trying a Kimpton in this area. I stayed at the Portland Hotel Monaco the following night and it pales in comparison to the RiverPlace.

Thanks for reading this. I hope that some of you were fooled onto this post via the way I worded the title. All MPers and lurkers with high tier elite status can status match to Kimpton and after 3 eligible stays at their hotels can benefit from the free night offer. Finally, if you have not already please join the MPKLT. This will make the long suffering Nuggets fan Mr Petersen happy and he may grant you MP Platinum.
    Travelsavant, uggboy and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

We also had one of our IC complimentary nights here this year (on my birthday!) and the staff could not have been more pleasant, nor could the stay. Enjoyed the room, the personalized amenity, the bikes, and the riverfront location.
    uggboy and tondoleo like this.
  3. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Thanks for the post, I stayed at the Vintage Plaza and it was wonderful with a Voodoo doughnut welcome. will look to try this next visit to Portland as it was sold out on my July 4th visit which coincided w/Blues festival on the waterfront next to the hotel
    tondoleo and uggboy like this.