Kimpton Launches a New Loyalty Program With a Secret Rewards Formula

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by sobore, Jul 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://skift.com/2014/07/16/kimpton-launches-a-new-loyalty-program-with-a-secret-rewards-formula/

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants tossed out its points-based Kimpton InTouch loyalty program, and replaced it with a rewards program that uses a proprietary formula to assign members a cumulative score and loyalty tier based on room stays as well as “engagement” factors, including tweets, direct bookings, and attendance at wine hours or exercise classes.

The new program, Karma Rewards, takes personalization to new levels in that “it allows Kimpton to recognize each member uniquely, and reward them accordingly,” the chain states. “There is no one-size fits all.”

Read More: http://skift.com/2014/07/16/kimpton-launches-a-new-loyalty-program-with-a-secret-rewards-formula/

Newscience, WilliamQ and uggboy like this.
  2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    thanks, programme reward programme sounds complicated :p

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't like the secret formula aspect. It seems only fair that people know what is required for various status levels. Also, do they follow every one of their guests on twitter to assign scores for tweets?

Personally, I don't want to stay in hotels that treat people better for constant twittering or participation in organized exercise classes....and I don't like the idea of them keeping attendance records for their wine tastings.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    sounds like rubbish to me

5. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Its not really an improvement. In fact for most people it will be a downgrade because lowest status doesn't offer quite as much as before. It does bring it a little more in line with other hotel programs so I don't blame them. They still have a host of interesting benefits you just don't see at other hotels like free beverage credit and spa credit at tier 2 etc.

6. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least they're tryinging something new! Some programs eg Wyndham or Choice programs are quite stagnant now IMHO