Kimpton Inner Circle Adventure

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by tondoleo, Jan 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    On my latest trip to the West Coast of the US of A I decided to deviate from my normal hotel pattern. I had read about and been convinced that staying at Kimpton's might be pleasant and a good value for me in accumulating free nights.

I status matched my PC Platinum to Kimpton Inner Circle. (Thank you to miles & smiles and other MPers whose posts on the PC Visa convinced me to obtain it). I stayed 3 nights, one each, in their Seattle properties. I stayed one night at the Prescott Hotel in SF.

For each night I booked via their website a AAA rate which provided a $ 20 dining credit at each Seattle property and free parking in SF. I did use their reservation line upon discovering a decrease in room rate by $ 36.00 at the Vintage Park venue that would not go through on the website. The customer service was good.

I received my "snack" preferences at 3 of the hotels. The Hotel Alexis did not provide the amenity. I chose not to request it as their room upgrade was very nice.

Each location gave me a suite upgrade. The best ug was the Hotel Alexis which provided a one bedroom suite that had an L shaped couch and a dining room table.

As of this morning I need 3 more stays for a reward night. I need 6 more stays to get two additional reward nights via their passport program.

This does not include the free reward night with $ 50 restaurant credit at each of the 6 new hotels that they opened in 2012. The hotels are in cities I would not mind visiting in 2012.

I believe this past weekend is the beginning of a beautiful friendship between the tondoleo family and Kimpton as an additional hotel group to use.

jean9nine, sobore, Concerto and 2 others like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm excited to give it a try as well. I didn't even to get status matched. Just posted on Twitter saying I'd like to try it out and boom was contacted offering me inner circle, doesn't hurt that one of their PR people already followed me though. Definitely plan on trying some of the hotels they just opened.

My first stays are in DC area so looking to see what's good there.

btw what was your favorite hotel in Seattle? I plan on going up there for a few days this year.

tondoleo likes this.
  3. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Checked into NYC property "the Muse" first Kimpton stay. Had to call reservations when site wouldn't book rate plus some twitter chat. Got upgraded to a suite w/outdoor rooftop balcony in NYC that easily fits 30 people for drinks! From Facebook got the secret word for this month "snowflake" and mentioned at checkin for a free bottle of wine. Concierge sent up Baked by Melissa mini cupcakes (NYC favorite) bottle of water and prosecco. with the free wine happy hour, I'm having a hard time using the $15 (NYC) minibar credit. Also got a $25 restaurant credit from reservation snafu.
    Was unable to find good rate w/SPG so decided to try Kimpton - I see many stays in the future if they replicate service/personalization

skyvan, tondoleo and Jimgotkp like this.
  4. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Skyvan.

Great to see you again. I enjoyed meeting you at FTU in LA.

My favorite hotel was the Hotel Monaco. Great front desk staff. The Sazerac restaurant was excellent.

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, was great meeting you at FTU as well, will you be in DC?

Also if you ever get a price-match (very very easy) you get a dining credit so the restaurant is very important.

tondoleo likes this.
  6. JennB
    Original Member

JennB Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reminder. I definitely need to status match to Kimpton. I stay at their hotels whenever possible because I love them and their service but so many of my travels are to suburban offices where all I can do is wish I was in a cool hotel in the city.

I've stayed at all Boston/Cambridge properties, Monaco in Seattle and Portland and a few more I can't seem to remember off the top of my head. The Sazerac restaurant in Seattle is indeed good. I stopped in there just to use my free wine certs and get a snack but liked it so much I stayed for dinner and would definitely do it again.

Looking to use a free night soon but trying to decide where.

tondoleo likes this.
  7. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    What sites do you peruse in order to get a better price than the Kimpton website?

8. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Based on my experience they'll match just about anyone. I had them match olotels.com

9. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed on a comp room from a raffle a few years ago and they had cake pops for the holidays – I think it was St Paddies Day.