Kimpton Hotels: The Cypress

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by tondoleo, Nov 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Cypress is Kimpton's boutique hotel located in Cupertino, California. It is a brisk walk down the road from that fruit company that creates popular items Randy likes to give away as prizes.;)

The Cypress is located in a strip mall/office park. There is no charge for parking in the garage. The other Kimpton's ususally have a parking fee that can be included via a AAA, promo rate or knowing the secret word of the month. The building is very nice. Functional furniture, nice colours and decorations. The front desk staff was uncommonly efficient and friendly. I arrived at 9:00 p.m. and they gave me extra drink coupons for their bar since I missed the evening wine tasting. This was very nice. Although I did not use them my friend who lives in the area was happy to receive them as a gift since they had no expiration date. I had booked the least expensive room. It was $ 119.00 for the night in a King Deluxe room. Due to my Inner Circle status I was upgraded to a Mountain View Deluxe King room which was comfortable and roomy. It has a chaise lounge by the windows. The staff left sparkling water, a 1/2 bottle of Coppola merlot, a box of local handmade chocolates, and chips as my IC treat. The room had a nice view of the mountains that was covered in morning fog. I did not dine in the restaurant or bar as I was meeting a friend in Palo Alto for breakfast.

I was happy to have the Kimpton at such a good rate for my one night stay in Cupertino. Particularly since it was my 15th stay of rht calendar year and renewed my Inner Circle membership.

dmel likes this.