KFC to offer free Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Mar 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/broadband/3434102/kfc-offer-free-wi-fi/

KFC has announced it will offer free Wi-Fi broadband internet in partnership with The Cloud.

The fried chicken restaurant has joined forces with The Cloud, owned by Sky, to offer its customers free Wi-Fi internet access. The firm said there would be a 'short roll-out period' but given no actual time frame. See also: O2 announces free Wi-Fi at Costa.

Nathan James, senior manager of brand experience at KFC, said: "Diners want to be able to browse, access social networks, search for retail outlets around them to plan their day, or access KFC-related information and special offers. The new WiFi service offers exactly this and helps ensure we provide an enjoyable dining experience."

With smartphones, tablets, laptops and other internet connected devices at an all-time high, consumers have come to expect free internet access almost wherever they go.

Read More: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/broadband/3434102/kfc-offer-free-wi-fi/

uggboy likes this.
  2. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting but the first thing that comes to mind is how greasy the good is there and how I wouldn't want to touch my computer or device while eating "finger lickin good" food.

I think it's smart for all restaurants to offer free WiFi. It's not that expensive of a service the people expect.

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they have people lingering for a long time, online, after eating their fine dining, they better up their bathroom game. :eek:

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Adult diapers may be required. :eek: