KEY WEST

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sophiegirl, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Annual stay. Many new faces and changes from 2010.

Check in: NEW : sign in lobby welcoming members with status by name.

Special GP check in desk Tiny lobby, only room for 2agents. Friendly welcome, remembered us from last year. Champagne waiting, amenities offered. Advised of free upgrade, quite nice as property is sold out and I have 2 rooms, 3 nites each, all nites except 1 on points. High floor, 2nd and 4 th from the end. Rooms were not quite ready, almost 4 pm, so were given $50 F &B credit. Advised of breakfast credit - $58 per room. Also given 15% off cert for restaurant, another for bar.

No change in rooms. Still very pretty, light and bright. Great bath, but no longer use Key Lime Bath amenities, changed to Bergamot Balcony is small - but still can get a table & 2 small chairs out there...enjoy AM coffee! coffee and small frig in room.

Made use of certs at Shor restaurant. Food was very good, service above average, but not super. All dinners prepared as requested.

Very small property, so everything is mini-sized - pool, beach, fitness center. Do not come if you are expecting massive resort. Draw here is great location, walk everywhere..and it's super super people. We love this hotel and recommend it highly....

2nd day update: breakfast is as great as remembered. If you are not Diamond, find a rate that includes it. Wonderful way to start each day. When returned to room late afternoon, had a note from the new manager, apologizing that our rooms were not ready upon arrival....along with a bottle of wine, he also arranged to have 5k in Gold Points transferred to my account. Good Grief, they were only 15 minutes late!
    Did same for our Plat friends who did not receive an upgrade.

The staff here has always made our stays superior, and obviously, nothing has changed!

OceanBreezes and tomv like this.
  2. tomv
    Original Member

tomv Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking of a stay at the Hyatt Key West in June so your comments are very helpful. Thanks! Any suggestions for restaurants within walking distance?

3. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are literally 20 or more restaurants within walking distance. (More depending on how far you like to walk...) A&B is right around the corner, as is the Rum Barrel. We like Camille's, and the restaurant in the Marquessa. unfortunately, I am terrible with names, so I am cluesless as to the names of some of the others. Will add to this post as I remember....

OceanBreezes and tomv like this.
  4. Phineas
    Original Member

Phineas Silver Member

Status Points:
    was the $58 breakfast credit sufficient or did you incur out of pocket expense? how many people did the $58 credit have to cover?

OceanBreezes likes this.
  5. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    The $58 was sufficient for 2 people, with $$$ to spare. Although we did not order any alcohol (Bloody Mary, etc) we did order capuccino's, which were pricier than regular coffee. We also did not skimp - had full breakfasts, not just cereal or whatever.

In our case, we only had 2, so I am unsure if the Diamond dollars would have increased if we had more people. Our friends were on AAA, which I know only covers 2.

OceanBreezes likes this.