Key West Hiltons: Doubletree vs. Brand new Hilton Garden Inn

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by nonstopski, Mar 21, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. nonstopski

nonstopski Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys,

Looking for some help here. I am trying to book half of my Key West stay on Hilton points, and am between the DoubleTree and the brand new Hilton Garden Inn (opening May 1, staying May 8 - 14 week)

We don't plan on renting a car, so while the DT originally looks nicer, and is a category above the Hilton Garden Inn, it is a little further away. And recent reviews make it sound not so stellar on TripAdvisor.

That said, HGI vs. DT, seems like you would always go DT.

Does anyone have any experience in Key West with the DT?

2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I would "always go DT" if an HGI was both closer and brand new, especially if the extra category means I'd be burning a lot of extra points on the stay.

I don't usually need a full-service hotel, complete with room service and other stuff I'm not going to use...

3. othermike27

othermike27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can't help with those specific properties, but my experience has been that Doubletree hotels vary widely in overall quality, to the point where a HGI is definitely competitive. Let us know which you pick and how it goes.