Keeping suite upgrades post Diamond challenge

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by ilovskins12, Aug 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ilovskins12

ilovskins12 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the middle of a diamond challenge right now. If I don't complete the required stays in time, will the 4 sweet upgrades I was given stay in my account even after the challenge is over?

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know for sure but I imagine they would take them back. They are part of your Diamond status that you hold during the trial, and if you don't meet the terms of the trial to keep it then you won't deserve to keep them. But if you do meet the terms, you're not going to get 4 more FWIW.

3. Price123

Price123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the suite upgrade certificates disappear after you lose diamond status. However, you can apply a certificate to any booking in the future and that will remain on the booking regardless.

4. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I failed the diamond challenge miserably, and was told I could keep the upgrades. I've used two successfully at the Andaz San Diego, and one of the Hyatt's in Dubai (which came with a complimentary mercedes airport transfer).

No problems at all, just call the diamond line after your reservation and they'll take care of it.

The million dollar question will be whether I can try another challenge next year, and complete it this time!

-Mike

5. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    The rules specifically say you can't do the challenge again, although you can argue your case if you think you can provide significant revenue to the company.

6. bigbugs2000

bigbugs2000 Active Member

Status Points:
    I signed my wife up for the Diamond Challenge this past spring because we were going on a long European vacation. I knew we wouldn't have enough stays for her to keep the Diamond Status, but thought the benefits were worth it (e.g. Park Hyatt Paris) knowing it is once in a lifetime to take the challenge. After the Challenge, they dropped her to Platinum Status. She also received a letter in the mail basically saying "sorry you didn't qualify for Diamond, but here is a certificate" for something like two free drinks, welcome basket, etc.? I just logged into her account and there are still four suite upgrades that expire on February 28, 2013. We are probably going to use one of them this November.