Keeping Qantas points alive, if not in AU

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by wombat18, Mar 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's your favorite way (other than flying QF or a OW alliance partner) to keep your points from expiring? Us folks o/s find it difficult to have a QF branded credit card, so what good options are there if we aren't in Aus.?

savydog likes this.
  2. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hire a car or stay in a hotel (http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/partners/index) are your usual best ways, unless you have someone in Australia who can get you a Woolworths Everyday Rewards card, link it to your FF account, and then buy something for $31.00 or more at a Woolworths or Safeway store :)

Of course you could also buy something from the FF store, but that's generally poor value and burns points (whilst resetting the 18 month timer) rather than preserving them.

savydog and wombat18 like this.
  3. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    I kept my Qantas branded ANZ Visa card active after I moved out of the country. I use it occasionally to earn some points to keep the account active.

Which reminds me, I must check SWMBO's membership activity as she doesn't have a linked card. It may be time for her to hire a car for a day.

savydog and wombat18 like this.