Keeping Points Alive

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by mmmatthew85, Mar 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. mmmatthew85

mmmatthew85 Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know an easy way for my kids to not lose their points? They expire soon. They're minors (8 and 11) so they don't have credit cards. What's the easiest way to keep them alive so they don't lose their miles? Suggestions on cheeeep ways to keep their accounts active very much appreciated.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Redeeming AS miles for a magazine subscription should be a fairly inexpensive account activity to use for resetting the 2-yr mile expiration date as often as necessary -- e.g., a 12-month subscription to Travel & Leisure would cost just 300 AS miles + 2 bucks.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  3. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's exactly what I did recently. Most cost efficient way I could find to extend them.

4. Tom Green

Tom Green Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great suggestion. I'll keep it in mind if / when my points get close to expiring.

5. Edelman

Edelman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best way is to register one of your credit cards with MP dining. You go to a restaurant, buy at least a buck worth or food, get one mile and that's it.

The card can be any Visa MC in anyone's name. Just take one of yours and put the kid's MP number on it. I have a card registered for each airline program for each member of the family. The local Greek place sees me every 18 months for a couple of meals. The Gyros are good and my problem is solved at zero cost.

mileageplan dot rewards network dot com or search for mileage plus dining.