Keep United or Continental in AW Account?

Discussion in 'AwardWallet' started by schnitzel, Mar 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, at first I thought I had some unexpected windfall - tons of extra miles in my AW bottom line.

But it was not to be - both United and Continental are showing the total for each person in my family, so we cosmetically had doubled our miles.

But which one is the right one to keep now? I need to delete the four that won't work soon - I'm assuming I delete the Continentals since the name United is sticking, but on the other hand, the United MP numbers will be retired . . .

Espan likes this.
  2. Jeff the Wanderer

Jeff the Wanderer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to log in to both Co and UA accounts through AwardWallet yesterday and neither one worked. Both took me to the new United page and I had to log in manually. Like you, I have my balances showing in both accounts on AwardWallet today, effectively doubling my miles. I tried again to auto-login through AwardWallet and was taken to two different login screens on the new United site. Neither one actually logged me in and I still had to do it manually. It is my understanding that as we go forward I will continue to use my CO account numbers but now use the new United website, so I think Award Wallet may have to reprogram. Since miles are showing in both accounts, maybe they have already started to do this and it will fix itself soon. If not, it might mean that we have to set up the new United on AwardWallet as a new account once it is available.

Espan and schnitzel like this.
  3. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Weird, this morning trying to log in via my Continental and United accounts on AW I was redirected to same Chase Credit Card page in each instance. AW is pretty damn good about these sorts of things, and I assume a fix is coming soon.

4. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a new day. Login attempt at United via AW worked like a charm, and it's showing (in AW) both the old United number and new (from Continental) Mileage Plus number. Login attempt via AW on Continental account brought me to United login page.

Looks like it's time to simply delete AW Continental account, and smooth sailing from here on...

Dennybob, schnitzel and autolycus like this.
  5. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    With this loss, and the American loss, my account list in AW is getting a lot shorter . . .

6. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA simply replaced CO on AwardWallet.

7. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Right - but I had to change my UA account number to my former Continental number (which I hate).

8. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, they had to choose one or the other and they went ahead with CO acc#.

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am having an issue. I have a trip on the New United coming up, which I had to import it manually since it did not automatically import as it used to. Then I just tried to update the plan a moment ago and I got the message:

"Sorry, we currently do not support Continental Airlines (OnePass)"

However, I deleted the UA account and just kept the new CO-style account number. It retrieves the miles and upgrade balances correctly. It just will not update the trip plans. Weird... I just emailed AW. Let's what they say...

10. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure they'll work it out. AW customer support is exceptional.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You were not kidding. I just got a reponse from an AW techie: