KE seat assignments

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by jrp2, Feb 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just bought two DL award tickets for PLUS_1 and I to go to SYD on KE. The DL agent said to call KE for seat assignments. I called, and they said that I could only get them 30 days out. That sounds strange to me. Can someone verify that for me? I see on the seat map a few seats already "taken" so how does that happen if everyone has to wait til 30 days out?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know that some airlines do not make their seat maps available until 90 days before the flight, but I have not heard of 30. I would try to call again. You could also get the KE PNR and check the computer yourself or try a dummy booking to see whether it will show you the seating map. if all else fails, call at T- 30 days for your seats, wu oh should still give you a good choice.

3. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I called back again and got my PNR on KE. I also asked about the seat assignment. He said 30 days out for everyone, 1st class, etc. all the same. So this sounds consistent so far. I guess the seat maps that EF shows are just aren't accurate.