KCI quick visit... rental car or taxi...?

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by Gaucho, Sep 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... so I will spend one night only at KCI, will sleep at the Four Points by the airport. My only Gig in town will be a Wine Dinner Im hosting at JJ's Restaurant (910W 48th Street)... so I dont know if its worth it for me to even bother with a rental car.

My questions would be....

a) is there a shuttle between KCI and the Four Points

b) any idea what a cab will cost from the airport area to where JJ's is located...? Also, how long is this drive approx..??

c) how remote a location is the rental car center from the KCI airport and how time consuming is this...? I would probably rent from Hertz and I have no status with them

Thanks !!!

Alex / Gaucho

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm.... Kansas seems to not be a popular destination for mpointers...?

3. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure the 4 Points has a shuttle to the airport, but you should check their website. Rental cars in Kansas City are somewhat expensive due to airport taxes or something. I'm sure you can do better than this random Hertz quote, but $50 seems like the norm to me. I would go for a taxi.

BTW, I'm assuming you are actually arriving at MCI, as that's where the 4 Points is.

Nissan Versa or similar More Details
    Unlimited Free Miles Included

1 day at 60.49 USD 60.49 USD
    Rate Details

Airport concession fee recovery 6.83 USD
    MISC VLCR 4.00 USD
    CUST FACILITY CHG, TRANS FAC CHG, OPERATION & MAINT RECOVERY 6.01 USD
    Vehicle Licensing Cost Recovery 3.57 USD
    ENERGY SURCHARGE 1.03 USD

Vehicle Subtotal 81.93 USD

Gaucho likes this.
  4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    My hazy recollection is that the 4 Points has a shuttle, and that the rental car location is not too bad. Although I stayed at the 4 Points and rented a car there last month, my memory is not so fresh. It looks like JJ's is about 20 miles from the airport and 4 Points. http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=KC indicates that the one-way Taxi fare may approach the car rental price, so renting may be attractive.

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 4 Points does have a shuttle... but the staff do not tell you that you have to call them to get picked up. I waited for 20 minutes until someone told me I had to call them.... :mad:

6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks... I did end up with a car service and spent $90 plus tip... it was a good choice.

Cheers
    Alex