JW Marriott Cancun w/ Club 91 Stay

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Travel Today, Mar 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travel Today

Travel Today Active Member

After I catch-up on work and home responsibilities, I hope to provide more detail from our stay at JW Marriott Canun. In the meantime, I’ll provide a summary:

As a gold member, my teenager and I just finished a relaxing stay at the JW Mariott Cancun & Resort. I crunched some numbers and decided to spend 135,000 to receive $1,000 in gift checks to help pay for the room and club 91.

The resort is beautiful with great staff though it is showing signs of wear and tear and opportunities exist to make it extra special.

The landscape is nicely manicured, pool kept clean but pool tiles are falling off the infinity wall.

Rooms have nice touches with marble floor, dual sinks, separate shower and bath, etc. I love the Marriott bedding but the headboard should be better attached so it didn’t bang the wall every time I got in and out of the bed.

Staff had professional appearance, friendly and helpful. I found they were great at doing their assigned job though not always going the "extra mile." For example, if a guest left/dropped debris in the hall, staff members would walk by the item for hours before someone picked it up. (I do pick-up items even if it’s not mine but it happened so frequent that I started observing.)

Club 91 was well worth the cost and loved how they featured one of the hotel restaurants each night. The room was on the top floor with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The room was comfortable, provided excellent gourmet food and friendly staff. The staff always greeted me by name when I entered or left the room. It would have been nice if table were cleared more quickly or proper utensils were available without having to take them from a different table.

Any questions, let me know.