JW Marriott Bucharest

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by TravelerRob, Sep 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am currently sitting in my room at the JW in OTP. I can't believe the rooms here. I think they're from 1981. The outside of the building and the lobby are definitely up to JW par and are very nice. But I have one of the "executive grand rooms" and this thing is a joke.

The furniture wouldn't even be used in a Fairfield Inn and the shower is about the size of a shower at a Courtyard/Fairfield in Manhattan. Very disappointing.

I'll have to take this one off of my list.

-RM

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your observations!

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi TravelerRob
    Bucharest doesn't have a lot of great hotels- the best choice of the chains is the Hilton by a long shot- otherwise I understand there are some boutique properties but cannot say as I haven't stayed in them- the Hilton though is the closest it gets to great in Romania.

TravelerRob likes this.
  4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, TravelSig.

Was just commenting on the JW Marriott Bucharest as it was my first time in the hotel and I'm sure others would consider staying there in the future when they go to OTP on either points or business, etc.

I'm not a Hilton person at all. Sheraton is my back up :)

-RM

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  5. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know which room you got, but I've been staying there since 2001 and I've always had nothing but good to say about my stays there. How did you like the Platinum amenity?

6. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What platinum amenity? I always choose points at every hotel I go to so if there was something else to choose I wouldn't know it. What did you get?

I was in a room on the 18th floor labeled Executive something-or-other. The room reminded me of a Fairfield Inn in the States per my original post. If that's an upgraded room I'd be scared to see what a non-upgraded room looks like. Or maybe I should like to see what an actual upgraded room looks like?

-RM

7. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    What I received for my Platinum welcome amenity was a full bottle of a very good red wine and a huge tray of assorted nuts.

Are you sure we're even talking about the same place? The JW Marriott in Bucharest has only eight floors. I've stayed on the Executive/Concierge Floor, and if those rooms are typical of the Fairfields you've stay at, please tell me where that/those Fairfields are located!

8. TravelerRob
    Original Member

Status Points:
    We're talking about the same place. 8 floors for the hotel but there are floors above that for office space, etc.

I was in room 815 or something like that. It was the "top" floor of the hotel. And the furniture at any Manhattan Fairfield Inn is nicer than the junk in the JW Marriott Bucharest.

Maybe as a Plat I just didn't rank high enough for them to give me a 'nice' room - even though it was labeled executive grand room. :)

Glad to hear someone had a good experience with their room here.

-RM

9. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was there earlier this year and your standards are either crazy high or you are getting special treatment for tipping badly elsewhere ;) Seriously, I had just a regular room at the hotel and the furniture was just fine for the level.

If I had to complain about anything, it's that cleaning ladies storm the room first, knock second. One of those times was just to put the chocolate on the bed... Other than that, rather pleasant experience.