JW Marriott - Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by vickers, Jul 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    This hotel opened up about 4 months prior to my visit, and as expected, everything was very clean and looked like a new hotel should. As a Gold Elite, I was placed on the next to the top floor, which a fantastic view of Austin. The lounge was fantastic and open most of the day. Plenty of room for everyone there for breakfast. The fitness center was very clean and well stocked with fruit and water. I didn't take advantage of the pool, but it looked great.

Every employee interaction I had was fantastic. Highly recommended.

Easily within walking distance to the Austin Convention Center.

Attached Files:

violist, iolaire and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your short review/photos, glad you enjoyed the new JW Marriott Austin Hotel. Cheers. :)

vickers likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    There's a Starbucks in the building. The restaurant and bar, Corner, is pretty good. Indoor and outdoor seating. There's a takeaway burger place at street level, accessible from outside, that's also quite good -- great candied jalapenos to put on them, too.

Right across the street is 2nd Street Bar & Kitchen, upscale place with good bar food. Walking distance from the best sit down table service barbecue in the world - Lambert's. Reservations there can be tricky, but if you turn up by 530pm you can always get outdoor seating on their patio (in the winter months it's covered by a tent and they pump in heat so it's quite nice).

There's a wine shop directly across the street on Congress, and to its right a pretty good coffee shop. Although a block and a half down second street is Jo's, good coffee and great breakfast tacos.

vickers, iolaire and uggboy like this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried the burger bar. Got a chicken sandwich and fries. It was fantastic. I didn't try any of the other restaurants there though.

uggboy likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Note there are off-menu items as well at the burger place -- e.g. they do onion rings even though it's not listed. Don't remember is the sweet potato fries are listed on the menu or not.

vickers and uggboy like this.
  6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I stopped here after a seminar at SXSW this year and enjoyed a quick plate of Bolognese at Osteria Pronto. Quick service and a pretty decent plate of pasta.

vickers and uggboy like this.