Just ordered my Saddleback

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Mike Reed, Jan 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm traveling a LOT more now, and I've burned through two solid nylon-based bags (including one zipper disassembly). I just pulled the trigger on my Saddleback. I'm getting the Large Classic Briefcase in Tobacco Brown.

Are there other Saddleback owners in the MP community?

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had a medium coffee brown briefcase for probably 6-7 years and the id wallet for a few months. The stuff is definitely indestructible and looks great. I've gotten a TON of compliments on the briefcase from all sorts of different people. My only complaint is that it really is a heavy bag. There's no chance in hades I'd take it as a carry-on on any weight-restricted airlines. Their website says the medium briefcase is 6.5 lbs.

Make sure to oil it every year or so if you want it to look its best. I didn't treat it for way too long, and while it's fine, it looks a ton better after I used a leather soap on it. I probably need to go on and treat it again. Best way I can put it is that the leather started looking dry, but it was nowhere near being brittle or cracking. It just didn't have that nice plush leather look. It had the "rode hard and put away wet" kind of look--which some may really like.

flyingdawg and TAHKUCT like this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the 100 year warranty! Sad to think my bag would outlast me though...

autolycus likes this.
  4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just don't take it on a shark dive or on a river swim with crocs, or they say they won't fix the bag for you. :)

Flyer1976 and flyingdawg like this.