Just joined ExpertFlyer - Am I reading it right for upgrade tonight?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by zpaul, Feb 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I got a premium membership to Milepoint and decided to use the discount on an Pro membership for ExpertFlyer, and now I'm addicted to it. Right now I'm trying to use it to check out my upgrade chances tonight SCL-DFW. I'm PLAT, full-fare econ tix (B), and checked-in right at the 24-hour out mark. And here'w what EF shows for the flight:
    J3 D0 I0 R0 Y7 B7 H4 K3 M1 L1 V0 S0 N0Q0 O0 G0

J, D, I and R are all Business, I know, but the upgrade code for Business on AA is C, right? So am I out of luck, or will they take those three seats out of J for upgrades later in the day as the flight gets closer if they can't sell them?

Thanks!

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you add yourself to the upgrade list at checkin? Miles or SWU? Those loads indicate 3 seats in Business, so you'd likely clear at the gate depending on number of people ahead of you.

perryplatypus and zpaul like this.
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm using miles, as PLAT no SWUs. But on a full-fare tix it's only 15,000 with no copay, which is nice. I added myself to the list days ago and checked-in right at the 24-hour mark, which apparently is the right thing to do according to a lot of other upgrade threads. Fingers crossed!

perryplatypus likes this.
  4. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You'll be ahead of other PLTs on discount fares because you are full-fare. Your only worry would be EXPs who haven't cleared yet using miles or SWUs. Good luck!

perryplatypus and zpaul like this.