Just got two award tickets in Upper Class on an A340 - seat recommendations?

Discussion in 'Virgin Atlantic | Flying Club' started by hungarianhc, Jul 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hungarianhc
    Original Member

hungarianhc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know Seatguru will have plenty of details about individual seats, but I just booked tickets for my mom and dad, and I'm not sure what the best seating arrangement is for the two of them. Obviously with the setup two people can't really sit "next" to eachother. If they want to converse, is it easier if they are right behind each other? Or if someone has the aisle and someone is on the right? Which side is best? Thanks!

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the aisle might be problematic, but front/back doesn't look too comfortable either to have an extended conversation.

[​IMG]

3. dramzan98

dramzan98 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm probably way too late but...

I would just sit them behind each other. They can still chat over the wall and hold hands if needed since the wall is low enough. You don't have to yell to hear the person in front of you.

If you seat your parents across the aisle, you definitely would have to have megaphones in order to talk to each other.

Don't forget to tell them about the footrest/seat if they wanted to eat together/play cards/face each other.