Just got my PC Visa - Wondering about the potential rewards earnings

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by jaw_24, Mar 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The 60k point bonus should give Plat status - 50% earning bonus, and you earn a bonus 5 pts/$ spent on IHG stays from the card...

Does this mean you can earn 20 points total per $ (10 base @ HI/HIX/Crowne + 5 bonus + 5 Visa bonus)?

Now assume a base $0.01/pt (could be up to $0.02 with cash+points) value and combine this with the 5% IHG cash back rebate at several rebate sites right now, I'm looking at 25% rewards+cash back per dollar. Is this right??

2. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is only if you value the points at $0.01/pt. I value them at $0.006/pt. So its 17% for me.

3. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Valid point, but still not a bad value!

I quote $0.01/pt because I tend to use the cash+points option and look for returns in this range or better (else I choose not to use points).

4. if you use amex you get better bang for your buck booking through bonus points mall where you'll earn additional three bonus points in addition to the usual one, that's four points per dollar worth 3 to 5 times PC points.
    https://www.bonuspointsmall.com

5. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had one of these cards a few years ago. Has anyone had experience in getting the same card a few years later and still getting the sign-up bonus 60K points?