Just can't get rid of this Red Eye segment

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Canadi>n, Jul 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

I bought a ticket last year for flights coming up this weekend. Since the purchase there have been numerous sked changes and because of them, I have had to make adjustments to the actual routing. Being a full-fare F/A ticket such changes were not a problem. However, I now have a ticket that on the return reads:

KOA-LAX-JFK-MIA overnight MIA-SJU but with a LAX-MIA Red Eye segment still showing. I have requested that this duplicate segment be removed but it still shows on the most reissued ticket and on my itinerary.

So if I fly the other segments to get me to MIA for my overnight (AA has cancelled all evening flights between JFK and MIA to SJU), but am a no-show for the Red Eye (since I will be in MIA), will the morning MIA-SJU segment be cancelled?

I will try one more time to get the Red Eye segment removed by one of the agents at an Admirals Club on the way down hoping they can finally fix the ticket.