Just booked DEN-LHR for Olympics. $2020 in business class. And a q

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by GreekDeno, Jul 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    I took advantage of the UA match of BA's flights for the Olympics and booked a business ticket from DEN-LHR. Total mileage is 11,392 plus the 150% bump for business so seems like a good deal to me. I chose to go through IAH instead of IAD back as I opted for the 777-200 instead of the 757-200. I wasn't too impressed by the 757-200 when I flew it to and from CDG via IAD earlier in the year. That was in E+, but the business/first didn't seem like much of a draw. Is that a mistake?

Also used Hilton points to stay for free. 32k/night during Olympics seemed like a decent deal to me.

2. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    sCO 752's have lie-flat business up front. I've flown them before; they're not bad. It's not appreciably different from the sCO 772 when sitting up front.

3. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    At which Hilton are you staying? $32k/night for anything remotely close to the city during the Olympics is a fantastic value.

4. GreekDeno

GreekDeno Silver Member

Status Points:
    Both Doubletrees in London were 32k/night for diamond, 40k for non diamond iirc