Just an awful experience

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Steven Schwartz, Mar 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow - where to start? Booked two FC award seats using US Air miles for flights from Newark to Phoenix on AA. About 5-6 weeks ago, I was on the US Air website and just happened to notice that they changed my flights in both directions from non-stops to flights that stopped in DFW. Found US Air flights that worked but no award seats. Called US and it took about an hour, but they opened those seats for us - morning flight last Sunday and red-eye last night.

Sounds good, but for some reason, these reservations were never accessible online and no one could fix it. Called about once a week to assure seats were still there and they were but I had no confirmation - not a great feeling.

So nervous about it that I called last Saturday to see if they would check me in by telephone since it was their mistake. Said it could not be done. "What if I drive to the airport now - about 16 hours before the flight?" No problem - go right ahead. Long story short, agent told me they can only check me in within 4 hours. Finally got a manager who said she could not help - and then she did. Outright lies - just amazing.

Just returned on red-eye. First Class? I swear these seats reclined, at most, 2 inches. Leg room was about the same as a United Premium economy. Very uncomfortable. No entertainment. This plane truly sucked. So now it will have a new badge and be called AA. Not impressed.

Mikus33, daninstl, Newscience and 4 others like this.
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear about your ordeal Doc ... even if you write to complain, the most they will comp is probably $200 eVoucher that is only good for revenue seats. Or, you might get 3K US miles! Not even worth the effort.

Newscience, iolaire and uggboy like this.
  3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, just reread and realize I left out the fact that we were in our timeshare at the Westin Kierland Resort with my oldest and his family - having an incredible time with the family and enjoying 85 degree sunshine everyday. Ballistic yesterday, mellowed now! And US Air sucks!

Newscience, flyforawg, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did the EWR-PHX bird on the way to HNL a while back and it's actually NICER than the domestic "First" they use for Hawaii, if you can believe it.

It looks like you have to purposely start looking into AA aircraft now if you don't want to get stuck with some of the older stuff that US uses on some of the domestic routes.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Am really looking forward to the full US-AA merger, with the ability to use my US miles on AA metal without any glitches. Am currently booked to fly out of PHX and back through CLT on a US award trip to HNL later this year. The ORD and DFW to HNL AA flights are much easier from the East coast.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    viguera, flyforawg, MX and 1 other person like this.