Junk calls from the Hilton timeshare folks

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Oct 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why are they calling me? Did I forget to opt out of something? Did I accidentally opt in? HOW DO I GET OFF OF IT!

Ms. Sunny Disposition just called my office, and I am working late. Hi, I'm Miss Sunny Disposition from Hilton (something) Vacations. We'd like to thank you for being a valued Hilton HHonors Member (blah blah). Then she goes off about how they have something something in Las Vegas and Orlando, and "when was the last time you vacationed?" I replied "those are the two most disgusting destinations in the United States." "Oh gosh (or was it "oh my"), what about Hawaii?"

At which point, I replied "Have a good evening ... byebye..."

tin509 and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar conversation with them recently. Should they call again, I am planning to tell them that I was recently diagnosed with endstage lagomorphic mastication syndrom and will in my few remaining weeks not be able to travel.

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    UGH, no kidding, I might take them up on an offer but the locations are zombie tourist nightmares IMO.

4. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    The offer I got for 3 nights at the new property in Vegas for $199. If it wasn't so far north I may take them up on it, but the location is just horrible. And you have to sit through a timeshare program when you get there.... no thanks.

5. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Just a moment, please. There's someone at the door". I put the phone down and proceed with whatever else I was doing. The phone makes a nice beeping sound when they have gotten tired of waiting.

6. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    I get them too. Keep making excuses and the price will continue to drop. You might even end up with something that is a really good deal!

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another call recently. I was in a noisy restaurant having dinner. Said "Sorry, I am in the middle of a nice dinner" -- reply from timeshare lady: "okay, I'll make it short, we have this special...." -- me: "are you stupid, or what?" <click>

8. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I too just received not one but TWO calls from Hilton timeshare folks last week. I'm sorry, I still can't bring myself to spend ANY amount of $$ (Ok maybe $5) to visit a property AND sit thru one of those 2-3 hour presentations.

9. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ever since I added the number to my blocked list on Google Voice, I have not been bothered :)

javacodeguy likes this.
  10. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I too just put the phone down and walk away. I do not say anything. Some talk for several minutes before they realize I am gone.

11. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get them too -- just tell them I've had x nights away from home the last y period of time and tell them the last thing I want to do is go somewhere

DTWBOB