July Gold Lunch

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by ctporter, Jun 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got my acceptance for the upcoming Gold Lunch in July in Seattle. Should be fun with the glass tour before hand. Although I will be heading straight from the luncheon to the airport for a flight so I can teach a class on Friday.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is a gold lunch! Is it an Alaska air thing?

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Do you need to have gold teeth to eat a gold lunch?

4. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL! AS does host luncheons (once a quarter per region I think) to give a small thanks to their frequent customers, make announcements of changes and news concerning AS, and to get feedback on issues that FF'ers have. I went to my first one about a year ago, it was great to meet other flyers (even met someone I had sat next to in FC on a flight) It was also fun to meet the various AS reps that were there.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this what a gold lunch is?

6. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup... It is a great way for the airlines to reach out to their customers and interact with them in person... I went to one at the Proud Bird Restaurant near LAX last September and I really enjoyed the experience...

7. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been to two of them in GEG --- lots of interaction between AS and its elite-level customers --- and then sharing of what was discussed via forums like Milepoint.

Although, the last Gold Lunch in GEG, no one shared. Folks need to realize their responsibilities, it's not just lunch.

8. seaflyguy
    Original Member

seaflyguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is my third year as an MVPG and I've never been. I don't even know how one is invited.

9. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did post up what I could recall, found here :)
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/any-sea-gold-lunch-reports.14320/

dgreen12 likes this.
  10. Ryan Bingham
    Original Member

Ryan Bingham Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got to think that there was really nothing exciting, maybe even interesting, coming out of GEG.

I mean it's been nothing but cutting there by AS. Maybe the only drama is whether AS will cut back from the 3x daily to SEA and give more to QX. I know AS dropped their lease on the second gate, 31. Now they just use it on a pay-per-use basis in case of abnormal ops. And since QX is hand tied with just Q400's, there really isn't any possibility of route openings.

I fly into GEG quite a bit, so that's why I'm interested in developments there (even though I'm DL and UA Elite).

11. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AS options were much better when I moved to GEG in 2005: Non-stop mainline service to/from LAX was the highlight.

The good news is the Swiss Alliance with DL --- at least I get elite benefits when I fly them --- and every now and then I do a connection through SEA and have an opportunity for an upgrade on a big-boy AS aircraft.

12. AKGUY
    Original Member

AKGUY Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's twice per year in ANC