July Challenge

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by KyRoamer, Jun 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    July 4th is a time to rejoice and appreciate the many freedoms and opportunities we have. We need a new member challenge. last time the money was all Randy's. Perhaps a few of us could start a pot.

Trying to give $25 per new member gets expensive fast, but a $500 iPad is not out of the question. anyone interested in starting a July drawing where every $25 loaned gets an entry. To avoid Randy's problems in identifying lenders since Kiva and Milepoint handles differ, I'd do an August 15 drawing and allow honor system reporting at any time between August 1 and August 15.

If we can get 10 sponsors, the cost would be about $55 each (shipping and taxes included). I'd condition the give away on at least $2500 in July lending, if less the winner would get say $100 in Kiva credit. To allow sponsors to participate and encourage them to lend, I would give sponsors one chance per $25 loaned or contributed. The drawing would be done by a trusted third party source like Randy or perhaps someone at Kiva.

Anyone interested? Randy -- if you want bigger fireworks in July, we can let you do July and we can do another month.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't see much interest here. My concern is that by mid-summer enthusiasm will wane. Hopefully not and as our numbers go it will snowball.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few of us have discussed a new June challenge and funding was organized. Several people thought we shoudl wait a little while. I am 100% in agreement to do a July push again. We shall see how we do in June without special incentives. It shoudl be a very large increase in lending following the 15th when repaymenst come in, and new members are trickling in also. We may be jaded slightly by our astounding growth in April and May. We also need to remember that the northern hemisphere summer is invariably a slow time for any activities like this.

As for losing our momentum; IMO never happen!!! We ahve lots of very committed members, we'll continue to grow and do better and better. We do need to work hard to make that true.
    So, let's plan for July so we can disprove the "Summer Doldrums" thesis! I'm in!

KyRoamer and miles and smiles like this.
  4. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We are already over 1% participation. We have two sources of growth, increase the percentage or hold the percentage and take from new members. Hopefully both will work and we will soon be 1,000 strong. Be nice if instead of Silver members we could be Silver Kiva Members.