July 4 in Boston

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by jpruzins, Jun 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Boyfriend and I made a last minute decision to spend July 4th in Boston. We're traveling up from CT. Any suggestions? Where to stay (looking for a Marriott, got gift cards from Discover Daily Getaways) and what to do and best place to see fireworks!

2. The Traveller
    Original Member

The Traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi! Boston can be a great city for the 4th! The most centrally located Marriott is the Marriott Copley, located a huge shopping mall, blocks away from the fireworks, Newbury st. (more shopping, restaurants etc) and other attractions. I haven't stayed there in while but I heard they did a major renovation recently. Can anyone confirm? The fireworks are located over the charles river at at and around the hatch shell (due north of the hotel, about 5-6) blocks. It gets crazy full so get there early especially if you want a place to throw down a blanket, and even earlier if you want to see the Boston Pops in person at the Hatch Shell (although they line the banks of the river with speakers so you can hear it from anywhere). Hope this helps!!

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was in Boston for July 4th a few years ago. Watched the fireworks from the riverbank near Harvard Bridge, great atmosphere. I've also stayed at the Marriott Copley Place before, but it was back in 1998. Great location, adjacent to the Copley Place Mall and Prudential Center, and easy access to more shopping on Boylston and Newbury Streets.

4. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - finalizing our plans tomorrow! Usually we're such good planners, but I feel like this holiday crept up on us!