Julia needs our help

Discussion in 'Zidisha | Fostering Peer2Peer Entrepreneurship' started by KyRoamer, Apr 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Zidisha has been able to move forward with its Userforum community's request to transition to a MyBB-based platform. You may view what has been set up so far at http://forum.zidisha.org/. Julia needs adviceon how to best organize the forums and facilitate discussions.

The ideal is that this becomes a useful platform for Zidisha members to discuss, offer constructive feedback and ideas, and participate in the development of our community. Julia would like to be responsive but not monopolize the conversation, and she'd like to continue to encourage Zidisha's volunteers to participate as freely as they'd like and share their own experiences with how Zidisha operates.

She would like our help with the initial set-up, She is wondering how active a role we should take to organize threads, etc. She has asked how did Milepoint go about this? Would it be best to simply allow members to self-organize, or would some assistance coordinating add value?

For Zidisha to realize its potential, forums are important. Who can help to get it off to a good start?

MissBurrill and fcjapan like this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I can certainly volunteer the team time here. I might suggest a few things: that she consider before getting too far along to move to another platform. I get that many will opt for MyBB because it is free, but prefer to spend a few dollars and have a platform being developed and supporte than just open source. We (Milepoint) would be amenable to purchasing a license for Zidisha and supporting it with the current software we use.

Along with that will come our support for it.

As for the forums, a quick audit around to other type groups will give us some ideas for structure though i would say that just input from MP members is but one of several datapoints for structure. Different groups i've noticed have different structure ideas and i'd like to think we will become a minority in number of lender groups, but still active as a lender in lending.

Anyway, I'll pass her along some notes and pledge staff and other resources toward their project.

r.

3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Randy.

MissBurrill and fcjapan like this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
  5. Julia Kurnia

Julia Kurnia Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is wonderful! Randy and KyRoamer, I can't thank you enough. I look forward to discussing further how we can collaborate on this.

Best,

Julia

MissBurrill, IDGflygirl and fcjapan like this.
  6. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We need one or more volunteers to help design a message board for Zidisha. The structure will include various forums and sub forums. Suggestions are welcomed. Randy will supply the software and help implement the design.

MissBurrill likes this.
  7. fcjapan

fcjapan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I consider myself unqualified.

MissBurrill likes this.
  8. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too but there has to be someone out there who can help.

MissBurrill likes this.