Join "World's Largest Focus Group" on Sept. 26

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by J Zidell VP Hyatt, Sep 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Milepoint members,

As some of our most loyal Hyatt Gold Passport members, I wanted to give you a sneak peek at an exciting Hyatt event. On Thursday, September 26, we’re launching the World’s Largest Focus Group (#HyattWLFG). The WLFG, an extension of our continued listening efforts, is a series of online activities designed to tap into the minds of travelers today to uncover new ideas on how to make travel more productive, more relaxing, and overall, more enjoyable.

I’d like to invite you to participate in our 24-hour focus group, so we can be sure that we’re getting feedback from some of our most traveled guests.

The invitation posted below shows some of the organized Twitter chats that will be happening around the world that are hosted by global influencers. You can easily participate from wherever you are by following #HyattWLFG at the designated party times and sharing your feedback to win FREE NIGHTS. Make sure to include #HyattWLFG in your Tweets and follow any directions provided by the hosts of those parties.

You can also follow #HyattWLFG anytime on Twitter on 9/26 or check out our Hyatt Facebook page to join the conversation. We’ll be participating throughout the day, so make sure to follow us at @HyattPR.

We hope that you’ll join us on Thursday!

Jeff Zidell
    Senior Vice President
    Hyatt Gold Passport

[​IMG]

karung99, Mark, legalalien and 4 others like this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Very cool initiative.

Mark and Katie Costello like this.
  3. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like. Although I don't know if you can get the best feedback in 140 chars lol

4. MegaDont

MegaDont Silver Member

Status Points:
    Then gl getting it in 129 characters with the hashtag :p

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Calling this a focus group seems to me a disservice to anything even remotely resembling proper market research practices. It is, at best, Hyatt pushing their brand name out through sponsored chats to some number of Twitter users. But it is anything but a focus group. These chats are not discussions. There is rarely give-and-take or replies to earlier comments. They are a mess of spewed content until they get really big, at which point they also attract spam bots.

And, as long as I'm being annoyed but this, we're still in DST so those times listed above should be CDT, not CST.

6. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff, Thank you for reaching us here, love to be part of this.

7. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I suppose this is where I must admit to being an old man. It bothers me when my comments to a company with whom I choose to do business are welcome only when I do business with a third party that I have chosen NOT to do business with (Twitter, Facebook).

8. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    As mentioned upthread, the larger issue is commenting in 129-character blocks.

uggboy and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where do I find the T&Cs for the give-away of free nights?

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with everything except the comment about being an old man. If there were a chat hosted here at MP or through just a Hyatt website, I would participate enthusiastically but I do NOT want to use twitter or FB.

OceanBreezes and Counsellor like this.
  11. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't really understand this comment. Have your letters and emails to Hyatt been returned because they insist you communicate via Facebook and Twitter? There are many avenues for communication. Hyatt's interest in getting feedback through Twitter does not exclude its interest in the others.

12. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Agreed.

Though I'm not at all convinced that they are using this to gain insight rather than broadcasting their brand.

13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. Every tweet from me in this "chat" would expose all my followers to the Hyatt brand. Hard to believe this wouldn't be more valuable to them than what I actually have to say in 129 characters or less. Which is why I asked for the T&C -- I would need to know what I would get in exchange for me advertising their brand to even consider participation.

(personally, I would never use my main Twitter account to participate in such an endeavor... )

14. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh do you think so, doctor?

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Previous similar chats I've had insight to (though not actually participated in the operation of) have left it to the chat organizer to choose the winner. No idea if that's the same here or not.

16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    My company's legal department would have a heart attack.