Job Opening

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by LarryInNYC, Jul 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Due to a sudden vacancy, United is pleased to announce the immediate availability of a programming position on its award ticket pricing engine team.

The successful applicant will have extensive experience in pricing engines, commercial web software development and test-driven programming. In addition, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate familiarity with numbers (in particular, the numbers 4 and 8) and be able to differentiate between large ones and small ones. Applicants will be tested.

Compensation will depend on experience and includes competitive pay and free travel, including repatriation of remains if required.

Apply Jeff Smisek.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Uh, gee, I, uh, was helpful in designing Delta's "award winning" award travel booking engine.

I think I could add some real value to UA's revenue maximization. By not making award seats available, we always maximized revenue.

Sort of like how DL often charges you a full round trip fare for each one-way segment, if I went to work at UA, could I get paid my full annual salary each day?

skyvan, Casey Friday, Sedosi and 10 others like this.
  3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:

NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! I don't want an 'award winning' program that charges more for their most loyal customers! ;) (and MPesos are not a change I think I will like!) :p

4. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's see, in Chinese 4 is equated with death and 8 with good luck. The ying and yang of life. :D

Flyer1976 likes this.
  5. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I think we can agree that many people might have had some 8. As for 4, I think there may be little bit of that going on in the United IT department today as well.

6. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Smiling Jeff is probably not right about now.

7. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    There was small footnote in the job posting too.. familiarity with the United award chart is a must :) For example, the candidate should know that atleast 5000 miles are required to book any award ticket

The Boat, Sedosi and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Your post was exactly what I needed! Thanks LarryInNYC!!!