JFK Runway Run 5K Race Recap & Contest

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MLW20, Apr 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a great time at the JFK Runway Run this past Sunday. (I wrote about the race here)
    Getting access to the runway alone was worth entering the race for! However, my legs are still feeling the pain from completing the 5K. Since my son was born in January, I've run about three times (if I am lucky).
    On the ride to the airport we had some rain but it soon stopped and ended up being a beautiful day for a race. Over 800 people turned out to run or walk in the event. Many of the participants were representing airlines or were airport employees.
    The race started at a runway next to the the Port Authority Police Academy- Rescue Training Center. There were a couple of airplanes used for training exercises (I am guessing) in the area. One looks like it might be used to do mock rescue missions and the other looked like it may have been set on fire for the fire department to use for practice drills.
    From the starting line of the race the views of planes taking off was pretty incredible. We took some nice pictures and got a few videos too! While running the race I wish that I had a camera with me as the views were even better further down the runway.
    Find out more- see photos & a video and enter the contest HERE

JohnDeere19 and sobore like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I only found out about this on Sat and wasn't ready for a 5k the next morning, but looks like it was a lot of fun. Will have to remember this for next year!

MLW20 likes this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't ready either but finished it!
    Comment on my post to win a t-shirt & bag from the event!

JohnDeere19 likes this.