JFK place to get checked in for Intl flight secure side?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by TheBeerHunter, Oct 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am en route to JFK to fly to new 77W to GRU. We are arriving on a separate itinerary though on AA. I tried asking at the club at DFW if they could check us in but she said all she could was print our itinerary out, that they "took that away from her". Where at the AA terminal at JFK can we check in for our onward flight, without reclearing security? I tried checking in online but because they have to check visa validity it wouldn't allow us. I don't want to go through security again, I want to spend time in the FL lounge! Are there ticket desks somewhere I am not thinking of that can help, inside security?

2. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's really odd. I'm in New York and every flight I've done in recent years to South America (Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, and so on) has been JFK/MIA, connecting to MIA/where-ever. It's always been a single check-in at JFK, with boarding passes issued for both legs. Anyway, assuming your baggage is checked through to GRU, try checking in at the nearest Admirals Club (both inside Security of course). That should work, unless there's been some recent policy change.

3. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think I was clear, we were on two different itineraries (nested). The Lounge @ DFW wouldn't ticket it ("couldn't" was actually what she said) but we finally got them to do it at the main lounge at JFK. I never knew it but the desk to the left as you walk in is actually a ticketing desk.