JFK Lounge Access

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Andyf, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I will be travelling on AA from San Francisco to Zurich in June on a redeye from SFO to JFK with a day layover in New York. I have 4 Sky Club passes from Amex card applications. I am wondering whether it would be feasible to use these in NY or is getting to the terminal a challenge or are the lounges past security and since we have AA tickets could we get past security. The other passengers are my wife and 16 and 18 year old sons. We are most interested in using the showers. Thanks for any guidance.

2. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    All the SkyClubs in Terminal 2 and 3 are post security. Do you know if your passes can be used at the Oasis Club in Terminal 4? It's pre-security.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My guess, although the OP needs to read the T & C carefully, is no for Oasis as it's not a SC but an independent SkyTeam lounge. Some airports in the USA, such as PHL, have no problem with letting passengers with boarding passes for the right day access any airport concourse and others are strict. I would expect that JFK falls into the latter category, especially with the heightened security around NYC once again.

However, IIRC there's an airside shuttle bus between T2/3 and the pier that DL uses in T4. If OP arrives or departs from the right area of T4, this could solve the problem of getting to the SCs.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  4. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are VERY strict letting passengers from T2/T3 go to T4 without a flight departing from there on the shuttle. Howevere, going from T4 to T2/T3 on the shuttle has never been a problem.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  5. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    The OP is on AA, so they won't be departing from T4 at all. I suggested the Oasis Club because it was the only DL-related landside club I could think of at JFK.

6. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    DE is just salty since he got access denied last time at the JFK club...

DeltaExpert likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The OP needs to go to delta.dumb and find the listings of lounge locations. I think this involves clicking on airport info, then skyclubs, then locations, and then picking the dropdown menu for day pass. My guess is that Oasis is not included.