JFK Handicap Parking

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by twin123185, Nov 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. twin123185

twin123185 Active Member

Status Points:
    I will be parking for 4 days I think terminal 8, flying AA. Anyone know if there is a decent amount of spaces here? Possible to reserve? I know one can reserve regular parking but the website us vague on handicap parking.
    Thanks!

2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I talked to the parking department (718-244-4168). There are five levels for parking, and each level has handicapped parking. The only level to ever have these spaces full is the first floor per the attendant. There is an escalator and elevator for navigating between the floors. They do not allow reservations for these spaces. The fee is $18 per day, although the airport website homepage offers a $5/day discount (she said you have to print it out and present it at the time of payment).

The coupon is good through January 2, 2014:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having spent the last month in a wheelchair (and hopefully with 2-3 weeks to go), I've become acutely aware of true ADA compliance. Parking that's "close" but hardly easily accessible... or even better, all kinds of doors but no sensors or auto-activate pushbuttons to open them from either side.

Folks have been helpful when asked, but we're definitely not to the "easily accessible" stage here in Austin to the degree we should be.

4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    When are you going? I'll be at JFK this coming Friday and I might be able to take a look. I also know two people that work there but at T5, so they *might* be able to look sooner.

5. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are able to take a car service or taxi, highly recommend that option. $72 plus gas and hassles versus appx. $100 round trip if you live in Manhattan or closer might be the better deal.

6. twin123185

twin123185 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for replies.
    I live in Central Jersey so car service costs too much. Not leaving for a few months.