JFK flagship check in location

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by NYBanker, Dec 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi. Quick question....is the Flagship checkin area at JFK on the far right hand side of the terminal?

2. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. It's semi-concealed behind area 5 (photo here: http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-airlines.html). Show the gate-keeper your itinerary and he/she will let you in. We were there on Dec 1 -- total time from check-in (JFK/EZE) to seats in the lounge was about 10 minutes -- sure beats the shoes-off/laptop case open routine elsewhere :). The lounge itself is so-so -- good enough I guess, but not great (as in the LAN/Star Alliance lounges at EZE).

NYBanker likes this.
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I thought I recognized the beams behind area 5 in the photos of the check-in area...but with wife+kids in tow today, I didn't want to be hunting! :)

Cheers.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    We made it through the Flagship checkin area without issue. Though my wife and kids had PreCheck clearance on their BPs, I did not....and got booted to the regular security queue. Of course, there was only one regular screening checkpoint open...so even though i didnt have to queue for ID, i still had to queue 15 mins after the ID check.

Wife and kids were kind enough to wait for me at least.