JFK/EZE/JFK flight report

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by John Woram, Feb 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just FWIW, here's a summary of my recent flights:
    18 Jan, JFK/EZE: Checked in at Flagship counter, passed through security and was in club within 15 minutes of arrival at JFK.
    30 Jan, EZE/JFK: Went to EZE about 4:30pm, figured I'd hang out in the AC for a few hours before AA954, since it's open 7:00 am - 11:30 pm. Well, maybe it is, but you can't get to it (obviously) until you check in, and there's not an AA rep or AA counter in sight. So, I found an actual human at an Emirates counter who said AA personnel generally show up at about 5:15 pm. In the meantime, just use a nearby kiosk to print out a boarding pass. So I went to the kiosk, started the process and got a screen that displayed "Click here IF you have only carry-on luggage." Well, I had a large suitcase that needed to be checked and there was no clue about how to proceed. So I went back to the check-in area and eventually an AA rep showed up and said to use the kiosk. I pointed out the above screen display and she brightfully announced, "Oh just ignore that message; it's wrong." So, back to the kiosk as instructed, losing my place in line, and eventually got my boarding pass, now aided by a couple of attendants who showed up to help all the other pax who were just an confused as moi. Then back to the check-in counter to dump my luggage. So, what was a one-step process last year is now a multi-stepper. But eventually I got home, to find an AA survey waiting in my inbox. The survey expired the same day my flight departed EZE. Oh well, I guess this is part of some AA master plan: "Just let us know if there's anything we can do to make air travel more annoying."

uggboy and MX like this.
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    So the check-in process was lousy in EZE... what about the flights themselves, which you said you were going to report on?

MX and uggboy like this.
  3. John Woram

John Woram Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry 'bout that -- I got summoned to dinner and posted the above before signing off. As for the flights:
    953 JFK/EZE: Excellent food at both meals (dinner and breakfast), attentive service in between. At EZE, priority tag on luggage seems to have no effect -- mine was one of the last to show up on the baggage carousel.
    954 EZE/JFK: Food was so-so, as was the service. Had to send out a search party to get drink re-fills (not the same crew as 953).
    Both flights: 772s are beginning to show their age (seat 3A in both directions). Outbound, the aisle-side arm was broken on my seat, and the whole works fell off on the seat across the aisle. Returning, my lighting system crapped out early in the flight; the switch on the remote control did nothing. The light near my seat stayed on, the reading light went totally dead. Volume control needs work. Sound level goes from uncomfortably loud to full-off as the volume was decreased. And I wonder who designed the placement of the headphone jack -- almost inaccessible unless one is a contortionist. Finally, priority baggage claim was much faster at JFK than at EZE.

MX and flyforawg like this.
  4. Seat6A

Seat6A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked a flight to EZE out of MIA using a SWU and was able to book seat 4A both directions. When i purchased it the agent said this is one of the new configurations of the 772, though it still shows the A and C cabins as before. Waiting to see what really happens, but that would be a nice change.