JFK Dining

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by KyRoamer, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stop laughing already.

Will be in terminal 3 and wondered if there was any decent food. Also I will have access to Delta's Skyclub. Any one better than the others. Am leaving for CDG at gate 4. Any of the lounges serve snacks beyond cookies and peanuts? Is one of the lounges restricted to business class travelers?

traveller99 and sobore like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've spent 8 hours in that terminal as my flight got delayed. I couldn't find a decent meal so just had fake cheese and carrots at the SkyClub that entire time.

Good news for you though is it seems they've opened up a bunch of new places. Not sure what is good since I haven't gone through JFK in a while.

None of the SkyClubs are exclusively for BusinessElite, if you can access one you can access all.

sobore likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow this is sad. Sounds like one would starve at JFK. There must be a couple of decent places to eat? :confused:

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not really in the DL terminals. :(

5. ClipperDelta
    Original Member

ClipperDelta Silver Member

Status Points:
    Todd English's Bonfire restaurant is fine - located in T2 just below the SkyClub (near Gate 21). Also, you can pick up some decent sandwiches at Balducci's (two locations: T2 Gates 24/25 - the RJ gate area; or the big food court area by Gate 11 in T3). There are also the OTG places like Bar Brace (Italian, Gate 15, T3), and Croque Madame (French-themed, Gate 21, T2) that have decent offerings that you can order from the iPads nearby

6. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is the best SkyClub at JFK for a snack before an international flight?

7. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Off again are ya?

8. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Soon I hope. My body was fighting me on this trip but it seems to have quieted down. I have a 5:45 pm flight and will be overnighting in NYC the evening before. I am trying to figure how early to get to JFK and what to do once there.

The first flight leg is to CDG and that is a fairly short flight (just 8 hours) and the first two and one half hours will be light outside. If we were leaving later, I'd do dinner landside and go to sleep as soon after wheels-up as possible. I'm thinking about asking for fast service, eating light and trying to settle down around 7:30 pm to see if I can sleep. This is a lie flat BC seat so who knows.

If I stay with that plan, we will do brunch in the city and try to be at the airport a bit after 2 pm, no later than 3 pm. This means I have a lot of time to kill so that is why I asked which SkyClub would be best. Suggestions?

traveller99 likes this.
  9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    All the sky clubs have substantially the same offerings. Perhaps not all have showers, but beyond that, you won't find meaningful differences. Prior to the renovations, the crown rooms were in various states of repair. But now its all the same.

Just go to the club nearest your gate.

Come May/June, once T4 opens for DL in earnest, they'll have a SkyDeck at the club over there. Not sure if it will open exactly when the reinvigorated terminal does, but that could be the one reason to not go to the nearest (assuming you like to sit outside and smell fumes while looking at planes). ;)