JFK connection question / TSA Pre-check

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by KyRoamer, Jul 13, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be flying business class PRG - JFK on DL211 due in at 3:39 pm connecting to DL2237 JFK - ATL leaving at 5:44 pm. That is a 2h5m layover. Any worries?That is last ATL flight that connects to a SDF flight. There is a 6:25 flight to DTW that connects on to SDF as a back-up.

BTW I have Global Entry which will speed me through immigration. Is there a special customs line for Global Entry. Does TSA have a pre-check line there for clearing domestic security. What is best way to clear domestic security. Someone said I could just go to T2 without clearing at customs and clear there.

Originally my connect time was 1h40m and I was a bit concerned. The 2h5m seems safe but I've not come in through JFK in years.

Best laid plans assume the incoming flight will be on time. Wish me luck.

One last factor -- we arrive on a Sunday. Is that a plus or minus.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, 2:05 is plenty with GE IMO. You get a separate line for Customs after baggage claim. And then you're jut dumped land-side. If your onward flight is out of T2 I'd take the Airtrain (or walk) over there to clear TSA. If not then probably not worth the extra time for the walk/train + jitney back to T4.

3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    At least today it was out of T4.