JFK airport question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Photonerd71, Sep 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick question for those who fly in/out of here. If I fly into term 7 (on AA) and my outbound is in term 8 (CX) can I get from one terminal to the other without redoing the whole security dance. I looked on google maps and it looks like a bit of distance and a road in between them. Didnt know if there was an underground tunnel behind security or not.

2. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    I think i have it bass akwards aa-8 and cx-7.

Either way i looked on jfk's website and it shows a teminal train but i cant see which side of security it is on.

(I am using my phone so it might be bad eye sight and late hour and i am just missing it.:)

3. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    No tunnel that I'm aware of. Train is landside so you'll have to pass through security again. And you definitely have the terminals bass ackwards, CX is still flying into T7 as of a few days ago when I physically did it (with no plans to change), and AA isn't moving from T8 anytime soon.

dhammer53 and StevenGerrard like this.
  4. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes you have to pass the security again

365RoadWarrior likes this.
  5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    In to T8 and out of T7 absolutely requires reclearing security. Make sure you take the "All Terminals" train on the AirTran or you'll add 30+ minutes to the ride.

6. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    Thanks all. I guess I'll have to look a flght pairs with a good bit of time between them.

7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'd be comfortable at 90 minutes unless AAEx. Then 120 minutes. My guess is that the MCT is 75 or so.

8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd leave two days. It once took me 50 minutes from Howard Beach to T8. And what a privilege to pay $5.50 for it (although, on a per minute basis, I guess I got a bargain).

9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you don't have a lot of bags and if the weather is good, you might consider walking between the terminals.

Taking the train from 8 to 7 requires going all the way around the loop as right now they're not running in both directions. Because DL operates out of two separate terminals, I often find myself having to trek from T4 to T2. I usually just walk it. It is faster.

At a minimum, if you take the train...make sure to board just a looping train that only services terminals...some leave the airport grounds!

10. Photonerd71

Status Points:
    This could be a pain..maybe I'll just take a steam ship to Hong Kong. :))

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Since when?? :confused:

There is also a shuttle bus inside security for that.

Are you saying that there is an intra-terminal train which is running the same direction as the one which goes to Jamaica/Howard Beach?? Seems to be some mixed info here.

Also, if you end up at Federal Circle you can get off that train, go upstairs and get the train headed back to the terminals without going all the way out to Howard Beach or Jamaica.

anileze likes this.
  12. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:

Shuttle bus from T2 to T4 for DL.

Yes, the Airtrain has an intra-terminal loop that does not go to Jamaica/Queens.

viguera likes this.