jetstar won't accept my credit cards

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by estnet, Jun 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've now tried 2 different US cc and jetstar says they are declined - but of course the bank never declined the charge. Has anyone in the US recently charged with jetstar? I have in the past but this is getting annoying!

2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've heard of similar things occurring with Air Asia.

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    funny, yes the last time I tried to book with airasia I couldn't so went to jetstar (and saved money) -- this was a few months ago. I'd rather use Malaysia air, but not enough to pay 5x as much for a 1 hour trip:(

4. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried using an American Express card?

5. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    why would I want to do that? Use a card that charges forex fees when I have 2 others that don't?

6. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    As an Aussie I have to ask/say it..

Why on earth fly Jetstar :p

If its just for the $ be careful as they nickel and dime you. Depending on the route there are often many alternatives :)

7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:

Well, because it's a 1 hour flight and yes I'm aware of all the extra charges - but the only one I pay is for 1 bag. for one hour it's not so bad.

Anyway I found an ever lower fare on firefly (and I didn't find anything terrible about their safety record - if I've missed anything let me know), it lands closer to town (sbz instead of kul or lcct) AND they seem to have no trouble accepting my cc. So jetstar loses a passenger, I save 50%, and just chalk up the experience to the various quirks of the lcc;)

8. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're planning on flying TT, and can find a flight departing within an hour of a JQ flight, you can ring JQ and they'll knock 10% off the TT flight, and not charge you an assisted booking fee. It's a way I often take a MEL-SYD or SYD-MEL flight (via the international terminal; JQ is owned by QF, and as a QF Elite I have access to the First lounge in the international terminal whilst flying JQ) for around $28.

You don't mention dates/routes though so i'm not able to offer any suggestions, but great you found something cheaper (as long as it's not on Tiger (TT) as you may not end up getting there that day, their OTP sucks!).

9. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, it's sin-kul in Aug, so no big deal but this is the first time I've had trouble booking with jetstar with a US cc:( Lucky for me there wasn't time, nor urgency to the reservation. Thanks for the heads up for Tiger, but I'll be flying kul to bkk later and might have looked at them, except Malaysia is cheaper than jetstar so I'll probably book with a "regular" airline.