Jetstar crew 'held hostage' by passengers angry over delays

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by sobore, Oct 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/aus...-held-hostage-by-passengers-angry-over-delays

Furious passengers held the crew of a Jetstar flight hostage for more than six hours after the plane was delayed last week.
    The flight, carrying Australian and Chinese nationals was heading to Beijing from Melbourne, but was diverted to Shanghai because of heavy fog in the Chinese capital, according to Fairfax.
    Apparently the group of passengers held the crew hostage at Pudong Airport because they were upset at the delay and were concerned Jetstar would not honour their promise to put them up in hotels.
    The pilot managed to get some of the crew released, but he stayed to calm the passengers until alternative arrangements for their travel were made.
    A Jetstar spokeswoman said the flight had been diverted due to heavy fog.
    "Due to the unscheduled landing, there was a delay in arranging customs and immigration processing for our passengers which resulted in our crew exceeding their flying hours," she said.

Read more: Jetstar crew 'held hostage' by passengers angry over delays - TNT Magazine
    Follow us: @tntmagazine on Twitter | tntmag on Facebook

uggboy likes this.
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    They held the crew hostage for a six hour delay? WTF?!?! :mad:

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And in China?

If I had been on that flight, I would have excused myself and deplaned post-haste.