JetSetter - GroundLink offers available again (exp. 7/31)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by IkeEsq, Mar 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those who got $25 credits on JetSetter, they are offering discounts on GroundLink transportation again:

http://www.jetsetter.com/hotels//major-cities/2307/groundlink-car-service

• Mobile Voucher

$35
      Actual value
      $75

• JFK/EWR Transfer Voucher

$39
      Actual value
      $65
      This voucher is good for a one-way Economy class airport transfer to/from Manhattan (JFK/EWR); includes tax and gratuity and excludes tolls, wait-times or additional stops
      * Limit 1 per customer
    • ORD/MDW Transfer Voucher

$39
      Actual value
      $63
      This voucher is good for a one-way Economy class airport transfer to/from downtown Chicago (ORD/MDW); includes tax and gratuity and excludes wait-times or additional stops
      * Limit 1 per customer
    • LAS Transfer Voucher

$39
      Actual value
      $67
      This voucher is good for a one-way Economy class airport transfer to/from downtown Las Vegas (LAS); includes tax and gratuity and excludes wait-times or additional stops
      * Limit 1 per customer
    • SFO Transfer Voucher

$39
      Actual value
      $62
      This voucher is good for a one-way Economy class airport transfer to/from downtown San Francisco (SFO); includes tax and gratuity and excludes wait-times or additional stops
      * Limit 1 per customer
    • LAX Transfer Voucher

$39
      Actual value
      $69
      This voucher is good for a one-way Economy class airport transfer to/from downtown Los Angeles (LAX); includes tax and gratuity and excludes wait-times or additional stops
      * Limit 1 per customer

2. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    At first I questioned why you would buy anything other the $35 voucher, but then I saw the mobile voucher is the only one with the terms "valid for new GroundLink customers only". Also, perhaps the $75 credit doesn't cover tax and gratuity?

I got in on the $35 credit last time, I will probably buy another in my wife's name.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering the mess from last time I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people pass up on it this time.

4. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone used their GroundLink voucher from last time? Just wondering what the general experience has been like.

JohnDeere19 and infamousdx like this.
  5. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    I ended up getting 3 and used one myself and gave another to my parents. Experience was great. Ordered an SUV b/c we were going EWR-HNL with 5 check-ins (wedding supplies) and the driver was happy to load everything. He didn't speak English very well but he was an overall friendly guy. He drove SO slow though, like 45 in a 65.

The driver for my parents was fine as well - regular Town Car. I guess he wasn't very familiar with the area because he took a terribly traffic-filled route that made them about 30 minutes later than they should have been.

These are just minor nitpicks though. Overall, great service! I'll likely only use them one more time (with the voucher) because there are better car services for the price...

rharrigill likes this.
  6. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, there is that. :) They also have a 10% off special on any purchase using their iPad app. May be worth a $75 voucher for $8!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jetsetter-for-ipad-hotels

[​IMG]

rharrigill likes this.
  7. jasher926

jasher926 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The service is quite good, but it's a more expensive car service than what's out there. I booked an economy car and it ended up being a Mercedes which was great! However, without the Jetsetter promo it would have cost me $50 versus $35 with other services here in NYC.

rharrigill likes this.
  8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    So the original offer was incredible because you'd get $25 for signing up for a new Jetsetter account, and could use that $25 towards the purchase of this discounted car service.

I don't think Jetsetter is offering the $25 to new customers to sign up at this point, but could be misreading?

If you do have a $25 jetsetter credit this is a good offer.

I used GroundLink several times after this offer -- only once with the discount. I had good experiences in NY (airport pickup, car from hotel out of town to a meeting) and a somewhat flawed experience (using my discount) in SFO.

rharrigill, JohnDeere19 and IkeEsq like this.
  9. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    I mostly posted this for those who missed out on the original Groundlink sale (like me :)) but who still have Jetsetter credits. It is also nice that this was not a one-shot deal. ;)

rharrigill, JohnDeere19 and gleff like this.
  10. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did and had a great experience with Groundlink in NYC.

rharrigill likes this.
  11. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even for new Groundlink customers with no Jetsetter referral credits, it can be a good deal. $35-40 for a private car door-door (for where I was departing from in NY) is a pretty good deal...$10-15 though, definitely better ;). I wish the NY transfer vouchers didn't limit to Manhattan though for those living in Queens, Brooklyn, etc.

12. Liucoke

Liucoke Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used the mobile voucher for JFK > Manhattan travel, and it was great. Didn't pay more for the nicer option, but driver was waiting outside in a towncar, with a couple bottles of water in it. Driver didn't say a word until we got there (which is my preference), helped me with my bags, and wouldn't take additional gratuity (15% is automatically tacked on).

I'm not sure if I'd use it again (the expiration date sort of boxes you in if you don't fly to these cities regularly), but it's worthwhile if you know you've got a redemption coming up.

13. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    System wouldn't let me buy one, I bought one on the last round and assume that's why

14. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    They probably just have your account flagged and won't let you do anything! ;)

gleff likes this.
  15. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really can use these vouchers, so if someone has unused credits in their account (even $25) or unused vouchers, please, let me know.