JetBlue, TAM in Interline Alliance

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by garyst16, Sep 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    "The sixth largest U.S. airline, JetBlue Airways Corporation recently announced an interline partnership with Brazilian carrier, TAM Airlines.
    Under the new agreement, JetBlue will now serve approximately 45 destinations in Brazil. Additionally, it can also connect flights to international destinations covered by TAM in South America like Asuncion, Paraguay, Buenos Aires, Montevideo and Santiago. Similarly, TAM Airline can connect passengers to several JetBlue destinations including Boston, Chicago, Hartford, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco and Washington. Further, both carriers can engage in code sharing activities."
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/JetBlue-TAM-in-Interline-zacks-3434164343.html?x=0&.v=1

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    JetBlue will not be serving any of those destinations. They will offer interline service via their new partner TAM. This means a single ticket and through-checking of baggage is possible. There is no indication at this time that there will be any code-share operations between the carriers and my understanding is that any such plans would require government approval.

In other words, this article is horribly written and factually questionable.

And you should probably use the [quote] tags to indicate that you are quoting the article rather than posting your own content.[/quote]

3. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    [/quote]

You are absolutely correct...I should have used quotes as this is not my article...I was simply sharing for others to see. I guess posting the link to the article wasn't clear enough to the reader...

Now that I have been properly chastised for my mistake, I will be sure to use them in future correspondence... :rolleyes:

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite frankly, it wasn't to me. If you're quoting someone you should indicate that. I commonly will write several lines about a story of interest and include a link just like you did, but the content is mine, not a quote. There's a reason we have punctuation in the language; it really does mean something.

5. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a few words for you...not printable on MP or anywhere else...once again, thanks for correcting me and schooling me in the proper use of the English language