JetBlue Takes Loyalty to New Heights with Introduction of TrueBlue Mosaic™

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by sobore, Jul 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/23/4651007/jetblue-takes-loyalty-to-new-heights.html

The airline to reward its most frequent flyers with even more benefits including Even More Speed, a free second checked bag, dedicated 24-hour customer service line, bonus points and more -, -- Special introductory gift of six free Even More™ Sp

JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), the airline that loves to give back, today introduces TrueBlue Mosaic, an enhancement to the carrier's existing customer loyalty program that will add even more value for its most frequent flyers. Officially launching this fall 2012, TrueBlue Mosaic members will automatically receive:
    • Free second checked bag for everyone flying on the member's reservation (b)
    • Free Even More™ Speed, providing expedited security at 36 airports for everyone flying on the member's reservation
    • Early boarding with early access to overhead bin space for everyone flying on the member's reservation
    • Ability to use TrueBlue points to purchase Even More™ Space seats for extra legroom
    • Access to a dedicated 24/7 customer service line
    • Three Bonus TrueBlue points per dollar spent for a total of nine points per dollar when booking on jetblue.com (c)
    Read More: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/23/4651007/jetblue-takes-loyalty-to-new-heights.html

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It first I thought the program is called: TrueBlue Magic!:)

3. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    How did they manage to introduce new premier levels on the same day as VX? And VX is getting all the buzz due to Virgin Galactic promo. :oops:

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still haven't flown B6. I really have to try them. But I don't expect their or VX's elite program to become important for me.

5. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try them. In my book they're a good airline; certainly one of the best LCCs.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sure, it's just never been convenient for me, based at SFO, to fly them.

7. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a Boston based flyer I am considering the switch to them considering all of the designations served (including the newly added PHL which is important to me) and good flight times to SLC (though I wish they would add a non-stop). Just got approved for a Mosaic status challenge. Does anyone know what the points redemptions are for the even more space...say on a BOS-SFO flight?

8. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The cost for the EMS seats are 70$ on the BOS-SFO route , so I would guess it would cost between 4-5k points (I am not mosaic so I cannot tell you exactly).

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that EMS prices are variable, just like airfares are. That will affect the number of points required.

10. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Even paid thats not a bad deal. It seems like you have to be Mosaic to use points for EMS seats.

11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes and yes.

That said, with 34" pitch I'm usually just fine. I've only once had to gate-check a bag on B6 and that's because I was the absolute last person on board a flight MCO-BOS on a Sunday. Other than that I've never had to fight for overhead space and I get plenty of room to relax without buying up to EMS. If they continue to only have in-seat power at the EMS seats and other differences like that the $70 might start to be more compelling (though my laptop generally doesn't need a charge in-flight).

It is inexpensive but the value is similarly only marginally better IMO/IME.

12. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is sounding like putting the effort into earning Mosaic might not be the best financial decision and instead stick with keeping US status and keep B6 as an option in my back pocket when flight times/prices are better.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I love flying on B6. Really, I do. And if they're going somewhere I need to fly and I'm likely to be in Y anyways they usually get my business, even if the fares are at a small premium over US/UA/DL/AA. But for my travel/spend patterns (lowest fare only) the loyalty program isn't as rewarding. This means I separate the two aspects of my travel.

Mosaic has a lot of potential value with no change fees and the bonus points. I don't see the EML seat buy with points as a great benefit; I like using my points for bigger "prizes."

Sean Colahan likes this.
  14. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forgot about the no change fees aspect of B6 Mosaic. I just need to figure out my spend/flying pattern. Do I switch to B6 domestically (with or w/o trying to get their Mosaic status) and just use CC miles for int't biz class travel or do I keep status on a legacy carrier (US) and go the "traditional" miles/points/status route. First class problems for sure.

I am/would be quite excited to try B6...I have heard nothing but good things about their product and their fares out of BOS seem to be low/competitive. Thanks Seth for your insight. You are defiantly one who I trust your thoughts and opinions, especially as you look at/do things from a different viewpoint than the direction most of of us are talking about here on MP.