JetBlue offers $$ to stranded travelers

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by ACMM, Nov 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    CNN.COM | 4 NOVEMBER, 2011

http://pulse.me/s/2PnSG

JetBlue has begun refunding the passengers of five flights who were stranded on the tarmac of a Connecticut airport for as long as eight hours on Saturday.

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

NYCAdventurer and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like appropriate compensation.

bmg42000 likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I dunno, my measly <$200 ticket refunded and a future trip with the airline that's already fooled me once? No thanks. That's enough to make me say "good riddance" and never fly with them again. Given what I read about those flights, I'd expect something more significant if they want to retain me as a future customer.

4. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If they rounded it up to a minimum of 200$ (in cash) , then that would be appropriate for the 4 additional hours on a plane that I did not pay for (50$/hour is more than most people would make) . Throw in triple true blue credits and some drink coupons and then I would come back. People slept in cars on the Taconic/I-84, and did not get compensated since the state did not close the highway .

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering the fine they face ($27k per pax?), this seems too littleand too late (seriously, it took them nearly a week to come to this decision?)