JetBlue makes redemptions easier, more valuable

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by Wandering Aramean, Sep 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starting this week (official announcement due tomorrow) the cheapest TrueBlue awards will price at 3,500 points rather than the 5,000 from when the TrueBlue 2 program was introduced.

Also, I've done some data analysis on the value of TrueBlue points and ocme to some interesting conclusions. The average value of a point is up to ~1.4 cents. That's more than it was last time I ran the numbers. International awards are a better deal than domestic ones. And there are some very clear trends suggesting that you should redeem for cheap flights and pay for more expensive ones.

[​IMG]

Finally, if you want to splurge the $599 Mint seats are a SPECTACULAR redemption value (the yellow dot on this chart):
    [​IMG]

NYCUA1K, Newscience and MX like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    My kind of awards but too bad that JetBlue does not cover my favorite intl destinations...

3. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much for the analysis. Gotta love those graphs! The engineer in me always geeks out over those.

Wandering Aramean likes this.