JetBlue destination to be announced July 6? (Facebook contest)

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by SC Flier, Jul 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    On Facebook, JetBlue is having a contest to win a 3-night vacation. To win, you must correctly guess the new destination that they will announce on Wednesday, July 6, 2011.

Does anyone have any insight into the new destination?

"Hint: it is south of New York."

"Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address."

Mike1625 and bmg42000 like this.
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    New hint on Twitter:
    Hint: Sunscreen required​

4. Mike1625
    Original Member

Mike1625 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just for anyone about to enter, one more hint out there, passport required, so cross off all the US destinations. Thanks to SC Flier for posting, I took a shot, not much to lose.

SC Flier likes this.
  5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    "TODAYS HINT for our GUESS WHERE SWEEPS: Surfs up bro!"

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well just because they said "South of NYC" doesn't necessarily mean it's along the same longitude, but the surfing clue would leave out quite a few options. I'd say Roatan is the most likely destination right now.

SC Flier likes this.
  7. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was hoping that someone here might have some educated guess based on route restrictions or known permit applications.

I agree that "South of NY" doesn't necessarily mean true south, but I think that it rules out Acapulco. CTG is probably the closest location to the same longitude, and it does have surfing. But does their "surfs up" comment mean much more than, "It has a beach"?

I agree that Roatan is a good guess.

8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    They already fly to Costa Rica, so Honduras is not actually a stretch... although I've never heard of a carrier make a big deal about a new route when it's so close to an existing one, especially in Central America, unless they're announcing a bunch of new destinations.

And they've already announced their new routes for the year, so I doubt it would be some surprise thing... unless it's one of these or scheduled for well into 2012

And even out of those, only SXM and LRM require a passport... and I wouldn't say the surfing is great in either. :)

9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    They said that it's not one that is already on their route map. So it's not LRM, SXM, STT, or STX.

I'm considering LIM as a good candidate. They have surfing, and it's a notable extension that's not so nearby to existing destinations on the map. It would also make sense, I think, as an extension of their partnership with LAN.

10. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting... for some reason I thought they flew to Lima already, but I see they don't. And indeed I've heard from friends (not being a surfing fan myself) that the general area around Mancora is actually pretty awesome.

11. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Deadline to enter was midnight according to official rules. But main entry page says 2pm today. I'd go with 2pm today.

12. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Liberia, Costa Rica, is now on the Where We Jet map. A few more minutes to enter!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  13. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    @JetBlue:
    "Announcing our newest destination Liberia, Costa Rica! http://bit.ly/oTJqID (How many guessed THAT one?)"

14. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Beginning November 17, we’ll offer four weekly A320 flights from JFK to Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR), which is opening a new terminal just in time for our arrival. Our new service will complement our daily service to the Costa Rican capital of San José from Orlando.

15. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Our GUESS WHERE SWEEPS is over and our newest city has been announced! If you guessed the beautiful and tranquil destination of Libera, Costa Rica, congratulations! (Seriously, that was not a common guess.) Three people who guessed correctly will win a JetBlue Getaways package to Libera!

Didn't guess Libera? Don't worry, we're offering 10% OFF* for you to see what all the fuss is about!

16. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    "We'll notify winners via email."