Jetblue and Porter sign interline agreement

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | North America' started by canucklehead, Oct 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    iolaire, Flyer1976 and YULtide like this.
  2. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still waiting for service to YEG.

canucklehead likes this.
  3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would need a Western base given the DH8 distance, even the CRJ1000 will only go 1600 or miles when it is released. Have not done an PD flight in a while, but just booked one for later this month. When they first came up, they were much better than their competitors.

YULtide likes this.
  4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has Porter finally gotten U.S. Pre-Clearance facilities at the Toronto Island Airport? If not, why would it be advantageous to fly two hours eastward to then connect to westbound flights to LAS and LAX for another five plus hours in addition to going through U.S. C&I at Boston with the additional connection times needed there? Not having used PD, I don't know, but it would seem easier, even if making connections in ORD, EWR, or JFK for a western destination, to use YYZ with it's pre-clearance at the outset of the trip, nor without going directly east to go west.

Or am I oversimplifying in my thinking?

canucklehead likes this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope! Flew PorkAir to Joisey for a cruise in Aug.. cleared in EWR - fortunately with GE it was a breeze. They do have Nexus upon return. Of course machines were down!

canucklehead likes this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    As ACMM has pointed out, GE will clear you quickly on the US side.

While I usually go through Pearson, being downtown is a big bonus for post-flying time to where I need to go (usually downtown core). My experience on Porter have been fairly quick through the airport/security/immigration and for my upcoming trip, a good price (thanks to Porter's never ending promotions) and the need to fly out of EWR (my least favourite of the three major NYC area airports).

blackjack-21 and ACMM like this.